Large (C4) compostable header bag - features
- 100% compostable and 80% renewable - one of our most eco-friendly products.
- Show off your products in style in a point-of-sale hanging retail display.
- Reinforced header with a Euroslot for easy hanging. Fill with contents from bottom before sealing.
- Simple to close with integral peel & seal strip. Film also suitable for heat sealing.
- Made from Nativia film - certified as 'OK Biobased' (TUV Austria).
- Material has a bio-based renewable content share of 80%.
- Meets EN13432 standard for industrial composting.
- A safe product for use with food.
- Printed with the word 'Compostable' and accompanying leaf logo.
Large (C4) compostable header bag size
- Internal width: 240mm (9")
- Internal length: 335mm (13")
- Plus bottom (resealable) lip: 30mm (1")
- Plus white header (with Euroslot): 30mm (1")
- Polythene thickness: 30 micron (120 gauge)
- 500 bags per box
Compostability and standard EN13432
This is a compostable product, in accordance with the European standard EN13432:
- The material must degrade into pieces so small that, within 12 weeks of composting, at least 90% of it can pass through a 2x2mm mesh.
- 90% or more of the material must break down into water, CO2 and biomass within six months of composting.
- It must also conform to limits for volatile matter, fluorine and 10 heavy metals, plus it must not affect the quality of any compost to which it is added.
Compostable header bags - how to store
To ensure the quality of these compostable header bags is maintained, please store them in their original packaging in a cool, dry place - away from heat or direct sunlight - and use them within 12 months.
How to dispose of compostable packaging
These compostable header bags have been designed to biodegrade in industrial composting conditions, in line with EN13432 (see above), so please dispose of in your food (organic) waste bin if available (check local recycling options). Also suitable for home composting, although timescales will vary and will likely take longer than 12 weeks.