Product features - Large (A4) compostable header bag
- 80% renewable and 100% compostable - one of our most eco-friendly products.
- Attractive bag for showing off a range of reasonably lightweight products in a point-of-sale hanging display.
- Reinforced header with a Euroslot for hanging display. Fill bag from the bottom, seal and hang.
- Easy to seal with integral peel & seal strip. Film also suitable for heat sealing.
- Made from Nativia - a compostable film which has received the 'OK Biobased' certification from TUV Austria.
- Conforms with EN13432 standard for industrial composting.
- Minimum 80% renewable content share.
- Suitable for use with food.
- Features printed leaf logo & the word 'Compostable'.
Large (A4) compostable header bag - dimensions
- Internal width: 220mm (9")
- Internal length: 310mm (12")
- Plus bottom (resealable) lip: 30mm (1")
- Plus white header (with Euroslot): 30mm (1")
- Polythene thickness: 30 micron (120 gauge)
- Box quantity: 500 bags
EN13432 - the compostability standard
This header bag is made from compostable material, in accordance with European standard EN13432:
- Its material must break up into pieces so small that, after 12 weeks of composting, at least 90% of it can pass through a 2x2mm mesh.
- At least 90% of its material must break down into water, CO2 and biomass within six months.
- The material must not affect the quality of any compost to which it is added, and it must conform to limits for fluorine, volatile matter and 10 heavy metals.
How to store compostable header bags
To maintain the high quality of this product, please store in the original packaging, in a cool, dry place away from any heat source or direct sunlight. Use within 12 months.
How to dispose of compostable header bags
Please dispose of these bags in your food or organic waste bin, if available (check local recycling options). They are designed to biodegrade in industrial composting units in 12 weeks, in line with EN13432 (see above). Also suitable for home composting, although timescales will vary depending on disposal conditions (most likely >12 weeks).