Strong clear compostable waste sack features
- Fully biodegradable waste sack - breaks down into CO2, water and biomass
- Material is clear with a slightly frosted look.
- Suitable for large dustbins
- Ideal for collecting garden waste and other organic waste
- Neutralise nasty odours and keep your bin clean and fresh
- EN13432-compliant - the composting standard
- Designed to break down (in 12 weeks) and then biodegrade (in 6 months) in industrial composting
- Also suitable for domestic composting, but will not meet rapid biodegradation timescale of EN13432
- Material has minimum renewable content share of 30%
- 40-micron (100-gauge) thickness provides extra bag strength
Strong clear compostable waste sack dimensions
- Internal width (closed): 450mm (18")
- Internal width (open): 725mm (29")
- Internal length: 975mm (38")
- Polythene thickness: 40 micron (160 gauge)
- Bag capacity: Approx. 85 litres
- 200 bags per box (or 50 per mini pack)
EN13432 compostable standard - testing criteria
This waste sack conforms to testing criteria for the industrial composting standard EN13432. These include:
- The composted material must disintegrate quickly so that, after 12 weeks, at least 90% of it passes through a 2mm x 2mm mesh.
- The material must demonstrate 90% degradation - into CO2, water and biomass - after six months.
- The quality of compost to which the material is added must not be negatively affected by its introduction.
- The material must meet strict limits for toxic elements, including 10 heavy metals and fluoride.
Strong white compostable waste sack - strorage instructions
Store this compostable packaging in a cool, dry place and in its original packaging to best maintain product quality. Keep away from direct sources of heat, moisture and sunlight. Use within 12 months.
Strong clear compostable waste sack - disposal options
These bags will completely break down in industrial composting units (in line with EN13432), so please throw them in your food waste bin after use.
The bags can be composted at home, but they are best disposed of with the contents they collect, so most home composters will not cater for bags so large. Furthermore, composting times will vary (according to local conditions) and will not meet EN13432's rapid biodegradation timescale.
These bags are not suitable for recycling. If you do not have an organic waste collection and home composting is not an option, please dispose of the bags in your regular waste bin.