Small clear biodegradable packing bag features
- Environmentally-friendly biodegradable bag.
- Made with polythene containing a bio-additive that accelerates the degradation process.
- Polythene will degrade and then disintegrate in anything from 2-5 years.
- Breaks down into carbon dioxide, water, biomass and humus - all environmentally-benign materials.
- Actual breakdown time will depend on the presence of oxygen, moisture, heat, mechanical stress and microbes in the disposal environment.
- Green leaf logo printed on the bag to denote an eco-friendly product.
- Food-safe polythene suitable for a range of packing applications.
- Fully recyclable bag.
- Shelf life of one year.
Small clear biodegradable bag size
- Internal width: 152mm (6")
- Internal length: 203mm (8")
- Polythene thickness: 37.5 micron (150 gauge)
- Box quantity: 1,000 bags
Biodegradable bags should be stored out of direct sunlight in a cool, dry place. Failure to do so may reduce their shelf life.
How to dispose
Suitable for recycling until bag starts to degrade. May be suitable for home composting if disposal conditions are suitable, but does not meet the rapid biodegradation timescale for EN13432 (90% in six months) and the process will take several years.
Not suitable for industrial composting, as requires presence of oxygen to break down. Can be disposed of in the general rubbish as a last resort option (will break down in upper regions of landfill).
For packing bags that meet compostable standard EN13432, see our wide range of compostable packing bags.