Extra large clear biodegradable packing bag features
- Eco-friendly biodegradable bag with a green leaf logo printed design.
- Biodegradable additive mixed into the polythene accelerates the degradation process.
- Breaks down into naturally-benign products (CO2, water, minerals, humus) in a period of 2-5 years.
- Actual breakdown time will depend on the physical conditions in the disposal environment (i.e. presence of oxygen, moisture, heat, mechanical stress and/or microbes).
- Food-safe polythene - can be used in direct contact with food.
- Recyclable bag.
- Shelf life of approximately 12 months (see storage instructions).
Extra large clear biodegradable bag size
- Internal width: 915mm (36")
- Internal length: 1219mm (48")
- Polythene thickness: 37.5 micron (150 gauge)
- 100 bags per box
Store in a cool, dry place and out of direct sunlight. Failure to do so may start degradation prematurely and reduce the bag's shelf life.
How to dispose
This bag is suitable for recycling until it starts to degrade. After this point, it may be suitable for home composting if conditions are suitable (timescale will depends on compost environment but may take several years). As a last resort, it can be put in the bin, as it will degrade in the upper regions of landfill.
Do not place in your food bin, as it is not suitable for industrial composting. For packing bags that can be disposed of in this manner, please see our range of compostable packing bags.