Large clear biodegradable packing bag - product features
- Environmentally-friendly polythene bag made with a bio-additive catalyst that accelerates the degradation process.
- Two-stage degradation process sees bag degrade and then disintegrate in 2-5 years.
- Breaks down into environmentally-benign materials (CO2, water, humus and minerals).
- Specific degradation time will be influenced by conditions in the disposal environment (oxygen, moisture, heat, mechanical stress & microbes).
- Bag features printed green leaf logo to denote eco-friendly product.
- Food-safe bag suitable for direct contact with food.
- 100% recyclable.
- This product has a shelf life of up to 12 months (see storage instructions).
Large clear biodegradable bag dimensions
- Internal width: 457mm (18")
- Internal length: 610mm (24")
- Polythene thickness: 37.5 micron (150 gauge)
- Each box contains 500 bags
The biodegradable properties of this bag mean it should be stored in a cool, dry place, out of direct sunlight. Not doing so may reduce the bag's shelf life.
How to dispose
This bag is suitable for recycling whilst still intact. Once it starts to degrade, it may be suitable for home composting if conditions are suitable (but process can take several years) or it can be placed in the bin as a last resort option (breaks down in upper regions of landfill).
Do not place in a food waste bin, as not suitable for industrial composting. You may prefer our range of compostable packing bags, which can be disposed of with your food waste and meet compostable standard EN13432.