Product features - Clear biodegradable packing bag
- Eco-friendly biodegradable bag featuring printed green leaf logo.
- Biodegradable additive accelerates the polythene degradation process.
- Packaging breaks down into naturally-benign elements in anything from 2-5 years.
- Degrades and then disintegrates into carbon dioxide, water, biomass and humus.
- Degradation time depends on conditions in the disposal environment (oxygen, moisture, heat, mechanical stress & microbes).
- Made from food-safe polythene.
- Recyclable product.
- Shelf life of 12 months.
Clear biodegradable bag dimensions
- Internal width: 305mm (12")
- Internal length: 457mm (18")
- Polythene thickness: 37.5 micron (150 gauge)
- Box quantity: 500 bags
This biodegradable bag should be stored in a cool, dry place and out of direct sunlight. Failure to do so may reduce its shelf life.
How to dispose
This bag can be recycled until it starts to degrade, then it may suitable for home composting (timescale depends on composting conditions but could take several years) or general rubbish (will break down in upper regions of landfill).
Not suitable for industrial composting, so do not dispose of in food waste collections.
For packing bags designed to be disposed of with food waste in industrial composting conditions (as per EN13432 standard), see our range of compostable packing bags