If you have a Polybags username & password, please click here
Eco Friendly Shop
- 100% recycled
- Carbon neutral
Polybags' environmental policy
We recognise that consideration for the environment is an integral part of our commercial operations. We look to work as efficiently as possible and urge our staff to consider the environmental impact of their actions.
The development of efficient re-cycling is absolutely essential to our industry. At Polybags, we collect all plastic waste material where the resources consumed in collecting and re-cycling are less than the resources freed by the re-use. Plastic waste is then pelletised and re-extruded in-house to produce re-cycled film that customers are encouraged to purchase.
We also look to minimise waste in the production process by improving our operational procedures and quality control. In addition, we support the trend to down-gauging wherever possible, especially through the use of linear and other materials to improve the properties of the film.
Recent environmental initiatives
- New fully degradable polyfilm grade launched March 2006
- New external Polymer Silos operational December 2005 to store and transfer different polymer grades more economically and without need for pallets or baling sacks
- New downgauging films launched Autumn 2005 ['HT'and 'HighMelt' grades] to enable identical film strength but at thinner gauges saving customers both material and cost
- We moved away from Company Car Scheme Incentives in Summer 2004
- £45,000 upgrade of Recycling Capabilities in spring 2004 to enable production of 200kg/hr of reprocessed polymer
- Major electrical upgrade in 2003 and installation of flow regulator to smooth electrical usage.
* charge may apply for NI, Highlands and Islands